Our history is characterized by unrestricted service orientation, exceptional flexibility, and our constant striving for lacquer-technical innovations. Learn more about our history.
In 1886 the chemical engineer, Heinrich Lott, founded a paint factory in Milse, a suburb of the district town of Bielefeld. Production took place in the side wing of a small water tower and an old half-timbered house. Dry paint, synthetic resin lacquers and nitro pyroxylin lacquers were produced.
In 1912, an extension with a chimney was built to expand production. This corresponded to the modern technology of the time and was a sign of the advancing industrialization in East Westphalia.
In 1964, production and staff relocated to a new construction built on the same premises. In the following years additional production capacities had to be opened fast because of an extraordinarily rapid growth. A spatial expansion of production was not possible for the production location in Milse – Bielefeld, due to official safety and environmental regulations. Therefore, the additionally generated production volume was outsourced as contract manufacturing to different local lacquer producers. This step should prove as extremely favorable in the future.
Since 1986 we have outsourced our complete production to three local lacquer factories certified pursuant to DIN 9001 and partially also pursuant to DIN 14001, which produce by commission in accordance with our own formulations. Only Development, Technical Center, Sales and Administration remained under the umbrella of Lott-Lacke GmbH.
This avoids the enormous cost and time expenditure required for production pursuant to present and future environmental and safety protection measures. As a result, Lott-Lacke has an efficient and lean organizational structure with short decision paths which enables us to react quickly and flexibly to customer inquiries.
The resultant cost benefits strengthen our competitive position. Today the company Lott-Lacke GmbH is in its fourth generation and since the beginning of the 1980s we are specialized in the development, application technology and sale of radiation-curing and water-based special coatings.
In 2006, the company moved to the nearby town Enger. Since the capacities at the Bielefeld-Milse site were now insufficient, the entire operation was relocated to Enger.
Due to further growth of the company and the need to integrate further systems in the technical center, a new building was finally erected in Herford in 2014. The modern building is conveniently located next to the highway A2 and offers every opportunity to play to our strengths in the field of research and development.
In order to create further storage capacity and to enlarge the innovation center, the construction of an annex has started on the eastern part of the company premises in August 2023.
Water castle Milse
Approx. 1912 – 1917
Production in a half-timbered house
New building 2014
Here you will find an overview of our locations. The global presence enables us to meet the needs of our customers worldwide.